Located about 15 miles southwest of Carthage, TX, near Gary City, on FM 1970 and FM 1971 Lake Murvaul is fed by the Murvaul Bayou and numerous creeks and covers about 3,890 acres. Impounded in 1958. This East Texas lake is bordered by classic Piney Woods habitat, and much of the shoreline is privately owned and extensively developed. Average depth is 12 feet. The water is fairly turbid and moderately fertile.