Harveys Lake is located in Luzerne County and is the largest natural lake in Pennsylvania. The lake was discovered by Benjamin Harvey during the Revolutionary War in 1781. Harvey was one of the earliest settlers of Wyoming Valley and a member of the Sons Of Liberty. Upon returning from Fort Niagara, where he was a British prisoner of war, Harvey inadvertently stumbled upon the six-hundred-sixty-acre lake that now bears his name. This beautiful glacial lake with its clear spring water is home to many native Pennsylvania fish and aquatic life. The lake's deepest part is estimated to be over 100 feet.