Lake Home SOLD!Beautiful custom built lake home in very desirable community and located in perfect proximity to Westlake & Roanoke. No details were overlooked by top custom craftsmen builders. Don't miss this opportunity! This home was originally priced at $850K. Sellers are relocating and motivated to sell quickly for less than true value. Open floor plan, custom cabinets, hardwood floors, abundance of storage, covered front porch, lakeside entry deck partially covered and lower deck completely covered. Paved path to the lake that you can take the included golf cart to your covered dock. The oversized 2 car garage was built to accommodate future modification to change 1/2 to recreation room. Community marina with boat launch.
Boat, custom built dining table, 6 Wrought iron dining chairs, kitchen bar stools, shelving in garage , pantry & storage room are not included but are negotiable.
France Home Features
The France home was designed and built by one of SML's most knowledgeable professionals, trained and certified as a Passive House energy consultant. Although the goal was not to pursue passive house certification, the idea was to incorporate many energy saving concepts. Another build goal was to incorporate many advanced building techniques that would achieve a home that exceeded existing and future building codes. The home is one of the most energy efficient listings on the market today.
The designing of the home incorporated many concepts from the famed architect Sarah Susanka whose many designs promote the "build-better-not-bigger" concept, which focuses on houses that value quality over quantity and that emphasize comfort, beauty, and a high level of detail.
We incorporated beyond-code insulation techniques for greater energy efficiency:
· The construction practices incorporated advanced framing techniques that used 2x6 exterior wall studs on 24 inch centers. This allowed for the use of R22 rated fiberglass blown-in-blanket system (BIBs) and an air moisture barrier developed by Dupont called Certainteed "Smart" fabric membrane for ultimate moisture control during all seasons.
· The attic insulation used R60 rated, loose fill, blown in cellulose to mitigate heat transmission through the roof system.
· The lower-level concrete foundation walls are insulated on the interior with the equivalent of R15 through a combination of spray foam and efficient fiberglass batts.
· The garage, although not conditioned space, incorporated the same 2x6 exterior wall framing with the R22 BIB insulation and R38 batts in the garage ceiling, which is just below and adjacent to the main floor.
· The house constantly "breathes" fresh air through the use of an Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV) unit that constantly replaces inside air with fresh outside air. During the colder months, the unit also exchanges heat from the inside exhausted air with the incoming outside air to save energy. The ERV uses approximately the energy of a 60-watt bulb when in constant use.
· The home is an all-electric home with the average monthly electric bill of $102; that number is taken directly from the AEP/APCO website account for this home. Copies of AEP monthly bills available.
Building Techniques to Mitigate Foundation and Wet Basement and Other Moisture Issues
Wet foundations and basements always seem to be an issue with many homes, even newly-built homes. The following steps were performed to mitigate any foundation moisture issues:
· Landscaping included two surge stone swales at the top of the property to divert any runoff away from the house.
· Foundation walls were treated with Tremco's "Tuff-n-Dry" spray applied membrane waterproofing on the exterior walls below grade. A ¾ inch Tremco "Warm-n-Dry" protection board was placed over the spray, achieving a 30-year TREMCO warranty on the overall system.
· The exterior foundation overdig zone was backfilled with number 57 stone (not mud, as most homes are) to allow any water to drain to the base of the foundation, which was encircled with "Form-a-Drain" drainage pipe that would take any water more than 50 feet downhill away from the foundation.
· The front and back roof overhangs are 3 feet wide and the side roof overhangs are 2 feet wide to help divert direct rain away from the foundation.
Roof and attic ventilation details to mitigate any moisture issues:
· 1x4 inch wood strapping over the roof underlayment first vertical the horizontal to allow for constant air flow under the metal.
· Used Cor-a-Vent S400 black ventilation strips to create a path for air flow to the attic space over the insulation and under the metal roof.
· Both ventilation paths are exhausted through the metal ridge vent cap at the ridge peak.
Drinking water is provided through a community water supply system managed by Western Virginia Water Authority.
· Water tower for consistent water pressure.
· Low water usage rate of $40 per month.
· Hot water pipes at rough-in were insulated with a foam jacket.
· Most plumbing fixtures are Moen brand with a lifetime MFG warranty.
· A lake water supply pipe runs from the dock to the house for future irrigation.
· The dock electrical panel is fitted with two circuit breakers; one 20-amp breaker powers the boat lift and lighting and the other is for future use such as an irrigation pump.
· There is a light switch located at the dock steps that provides the ability to turn on outside house spotlights for safety.
· Generator disconnect panel next to the main electrical house panel suitable for most portable residential generators. (Plug configurations may vary.)
· Mechanical room has a dedicated communications panel with RG6 cables and standard telephone wiring serving most every room in the house.
· Fios internet is provided by Shentel for the entire community.
General Notes for Possible Emphasis
· Most cabinetry throughout the house was designed and built by local cabinet maker Bowman Woodworking.
· Kitchen cabinetry features natural cherry finish, soft-closing dovetail drawers and cabinet doors, built in appliances, open shelving, large storage drawers, and reeded glass on upper cabinets.
Other Kitchen Features:
· Main counter-working areas face the lake.
· Silestone Quartz kitchen countertops with raised island bar eating area.
· Large walk-in pantry for storage.
· All are Pella aluminum clad, double pane insulated glass, low-E rated windows.
· Windows facing street in the great room, master bath, and laundry room feature built-in blinds inside a third removable window pane.
· All rooms are designed for king-sized beds.
· All bedrooms face the lake.
· Walk in master closet features custom designed shelves, drawers and hanging bars.
Decks and Porch:
· Both decks and front porch feature stainless steel cable railing systems.
· Covered front porch is 98 square feet and has large storage area below for outside storage items.
· Upper and lower decks are 320 square feet and face the lake.
· Upper deck is partially covered; lower deck is fully covered.
· Master bath features a zero-entry shower and fully-accessible toilet.
· Master bedroom features double swing in doors.
· All light switches are located at levels for universal accessibility.
· Located on the main level.
· High efficiency washer and dryer are front loading and perched on storage risers.
· Large folding countertop area with storage cabinets underneath.
· Storage cabinet over the washer and dryer.
· Propane direct vent fireplace in great room.
· Maple hardwood floors are 3/4 inch by 4 inch boards.
· Natural pine trim boards throughout the house including storage areas and garage.
· Two large storage areas on the lower level plus a separate mechanical room.
· Landscaping focused on minimal maintenance by incorporating stone and mulch rather than a grass lawn.
Located in Walnut Run on Smith Mountain Lake. This fun and very active community has many planned and unplanned get-togethers. Annual 4th of July Parade, annual community pig roast, and more. Lots of activities like marbles, book club, group fishing, group walkers & more. Drive your golf cart around this great community and stop for happy hours at your many new Friends homes.
- Beds: 3
- Baths: 2.5
- Sq Feet: 2330
- Year Built: 2012
- Lake: Smith Mountain Lake
- Acres: 1.070
- Lakefront: Yes
- Lakeview: Yes
- ViewTypes: Waterfront home convenient to golf
- Dock Type: wood
- Dock Description: Covered boat dock with hoist
- County: Franklin County
- Lake Community: Walnut Run
- Heat/AC: HVAC
- Garage: 2 car with workroom
- Siding: Vinyl
- Yard: Almost zero maintenance
- Utilities: 102.00
- Stories: 1 plus fin. lower
- Fireplaces: 1 in Great room
- Property Taxes: $2520.52
- MLS #: 885173
|Click on map to activate|
|(Open in Google Maps) (Bing Map)  (Mapquest Map)|
|Edna Jamieson Wood, Agent
View other listings (12 total)
Wainwright & Co. Realtors
Please say you found it on Lakehouse.com!
|Visit our Website|
|View Video/Virtual Tour|
|Ad Number :||2300743|
|Added:||Apr 25, 2022|
|Updated on:||Jun 24, 2022|
|All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.|